How many tons zinc ore were mined at the Schmalgraf between 1869 and 1932?
Oskar Bilharz, director of the company “Vieille Montagne”, had the shaft built to cart off the ore of the Schmalgraf mine under the ground. From 1867 on, the wagons would drive the ore past the Hohnbach creek, over the Göhl River to the washing plant in Kelmis. (Picture: Shaft.)
Follow the still existing railway line up to the Göhl river.